What is Natural Gas?
- Naturally occurring mixture of Hydrocarbons & Non Hydrocarbons found in porous formation beneath the earth surface often in association with crude petroleum
- Mixture of C1 to C7 hydrocarbons, mainly CH4 (Methane)
- Environment friendly fuel (Contains no lead / very less Sulphur)
- At atmospheric pressure and temperature, natural gas is lighter than air. The density (at 20 degree) C of Air =1.2 kg/m3 Natural gas = 0.65 kg/m3 LPG = 1.8 kg/m3 .
- Very good combustion properties - suitable for various applications.
- Natural gas is colorless, tasteless and non-toxic (but Asphyxiate)
- Natural gas has no odor of its own, it is odorless.
- Flash point: -188 degree celcius, Auto Ignition Temperature: 540 degree celcius
NEED : Natural Gas is colourless & Odourless Substance
SOLUTION : Addition of Odourant of pungent smell.
ROLE : Warning Agent in the event of Leakage.
PREVIOUS ODOURANT : Ethyl Mercaptan
PRESENT ODOURANT : Spot leak T- butyl mercaptan