Safety information for CNG customers
Dos and Don’ts for CNG customers at CNG station –
- Always ensure that installing / servicing the CNG kit is done through authorized workshop.
- Hydro testing of CNG cylinder must be done every three years.
- Get the vehicle thoroughly checked by an authorized workshop every year.
- Always keep the certificate of CNG kit and cylinder.
- Keep a portable fire extinguisher and first aid box in the vehicle.
- Follow the safety rules while filling and driving the vehicle.
- Be alert for any emergency.
- Do not install LPG, Propane or any other cylinder in place of a CNG cylinder.
- Do not start the vehicle while the filling is under progress.
- Do not use mobile phones near CNG filling area.
- Do not use any naked flame near CNG filling area.
Safety instruction for CNG customers
- Fit & Repair the CNG kit from accredited workshop only.
- Get the CNG kit checked every year from a recognized workshop and hydro test the cylinder every three years. Get the compliance plate from the work shop & fit it near the filing point. Always carry the certificates along with the vehicle.
- Stop the engine and remove the key from the vehicle . All the passengers including the driver must get down from the vehicle prior to filling of CNG.
- Keep the wiring of the vehicle in a good condition and do not use open wires. Battery terminal must be covered prior to filling of CNG. Do not keep the terminals loose and cover it with insulation tape.
- Do not start the vehicle during any leakage of gas and take the vehicle to a safe location by pushing the vehicle. Then close the cylinder valve to stop the gas leakage.
- It is prohibited to use open flames like match box etc. & to smoke in the CNG station area.
- It is prohibited to use mobile phones in the CNG station area. Please keep the mobile phones off in the CNG station area.
- Do not spread rumors during any emergency and follow the instructions of the CNG station staff.
- Keep patience during emergency & keep yourself away from the emergency area. Always follow the safety & security rules.